Sunday, May 26, 2013

Friday - Day 89 - Good As New

James is an interesting child.  I do not say this because he's my own, but because of the way he thinks things through.  He's slick, yet as a parent, I try to stay on top of his slickness.

Today, John bought James new inner tubes for his bike.  About a month ago, James punched two holes in each of his tire bikes.  For weeks we tried to get James to, one, admit he did it and, two, tell us why he did it.  We eventually let it go.

Today, as we checked out at Target, inner tubes on the conveyor belt, we explained to James his bike would be fixed.  "Ohhhh maaaan" He was disappointed. The truth was about to be spoken.  "I thought I was going to get a new bike."  He explained.

Finally, James admitted he deliberately poked holes in his tires in hopes of getting a new bike.  James just experienced a reality check and I can only laugh at his attempts to get a new bike.  That's my boy.

John fixing James Bike

 At the end of the day, I have to admit, James is a wise child.  He may try to pull one over on us occasionally  but he makes up for it in other ways.  He helped me do laundry and counted quarters today.  It's always a treat to do laundry with James.  However, his biggest accomplishment today was bringing me a beautiful flower.  No matter what James accomplishes in his life, he will always succeed at putting a smile on his mom's face.


James likes to bring me flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment