Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Saturday - Day 76 - Time Away

I love spending time with my family however an occasional night away makes for a happier mom.

I believe trips apart are healthy. Trips without the kids are smart. Trips as a family make memories. A little bit of everything manifests a lifetime of enjoyment and care for any family.

My friend Chelley and I decided to spend a night in Orlando about a month ago. By chance we booked on Mother's Day weekend. I think it worked out well. What mother doesn't deserve a little rest and relaxation before going home to her kids on Mother's Day?

We arrived at our recently remodeled hotel pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. We used a Groupon, and did very well for ourselves.

We ordered pretty adult cocktails as rain pounded the awning of the pool cabana bar. It down poured the second we made it to the pool area and sat down, we had no choice, but to sit and stay and enjoy the time together.

Blue Lemondes

Considering Chelley and I are mothers of young boys, we are use to lots of little boy energy and we are constantly keeping tabs on our kids, everywhere we go. It was weird for us to not have anyone to look out for other then ourselves. The kids screaming in the pool behind us were not ours. We could FINALLY relax. It felt incredible!

We had a fabulous evening drinking, talking, people watching and finding some good Italian food for dinner. I feel as If I finally enjoyed much needed quality time with my friend, something we rarely do considering our kids are always with us whenever we get together.

I'm sure when we go home rested and relaxed our kids will be happy to have us back. They will know that having their mom every other day of the year, makes each day a Mother's Day!


Daddy wore him out while I was gone!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment