Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday - Day 75 - Best of Both Worlds

I have two distinctive lives in our camper, one with my husband and one without. It is the best of both worlds.

Today was the completion of one week, one week of swimming complete, one week without my husband home, one week of a steady routine with the boys.

It was a great week. My kids are that much closer to becoming fish. I managed an entire week without the dog escaping, this is huge! I realized that my life got a lot easier this week. I am sure this is because I emotionally excepted the fact that managing ten days without my husband home was easier then I had anticipated.

Today is day 75. I honesty don't know where the time has gone. Today I took the dog for his shots and made reservations for him at the doggy spa. Rabbit deserves a little R&R while we are headed out of town next week.

Today I also picked my husband up at the airport and he took all of us out to a a delicious Cuban restaurant. Points for the husband.

After 10 days without John home, the boys and I had our own routine. We adapted effortlessly. Life had been very relaxed. I realized one evening, as I entered the campground gate, that I am the most relaxed I have been in a long time. Things seem to have come together and fallen into place without a lot of effort on my part.

Of course, the kids love and miss their father to death and they were so excited to see him when we picked him up at the airport. However, they also seem fine when he is gone; I suspect it's because they know he is coming back. As more time passes, living our life gets easier.

I also came to the conclusion that when John is away on business, it gives me independence and the confidence that I do not need him home all the time. I am in my solo mom world and I like the benefits that world provides.

I do enjoy my married mom life. Having my best friend to talk to, confide in and share feelings with is an important aspect of my life. My husband and I have dreams together, we adore our children and appreciate them every minute of the day. We have a partnership and a family unit that I cherish.

I will admit it can be difficult transitioning from solo mom to married mom, despite the fact that both are fulfilling in different ways. It take about a day to readjust after John arrives home. Once he is home it's as if he was never gone, until the next business trip.

I adore my husband and hope he always knows how much I appreciate how hard he works for his family even if it means traveling often. I also hope he is aware that we do okay on our own too.

We are fortunate, our situation will make for a long lasting marriage, living the best of all worlds.





No comments:

Post a Comment