Monday, May 27, 2013

Saturday - Day 90 - Bringing Home the Bacon

The campground is officially full today. I took it for granted how packed with people this place would become.

James loves having an entire new crew of kids to play with. Good thing his dad fixed his bike in time to cruise the campground with all his new buddies.

The morning air filled with bacon cooking. I have to admit, it is my absolute favorite part of camping, and smelling everyone else's bacon cooking this morning motivated me to pick up some extra thick cut bacon for ourselves.


The Good Stuff

I was headed to Publix anyway to get milk for Ty. I made a few impulse purchases and before I knew it John and I were sitting outside eating bacon and egg bagel sandwiches, just as we did a week ago in New York City.

I told John we could not let the weekend warriors show us up for breakfast. Our bacon had to smell and look better, and it did.

Can you smell it? mmmmm....


John took the doors off of our jeep and we were ready for a fun filled weekend. Neighbors or no neighbors, we were on Day 90 and we were not amateurs anymore. We are officially the seasoned campers, and life was more then just a weekend of beer and BBQs. We get to enjoy our bacon everyday.


And off we go.......belly's full.




No comments:

Post a Comment