Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sunday - Day 77 - A little Loofah and other perks

I woke up in our hotel room submerged in lush white bedding and plush pillows.  An entire queen bed to myself; no little arms or legs snuck into bed with me during the night.  No baby cries to disturb my peaceful slumber.

My first thought when I woke up was, "Am I in heaven?"  My second thought was, "I need to take a real shower."

The shower was just as luxurious as the bed.  I had to wonder, was it really that good or is it because I live in an RV?  I didn't care and took the hottest, most exhilarating shower ever and enjoyed every last bit of it.

My favorite part of the experience was seeing a miniature, complimentary loofah sponge wrapped in cellophane.  It was calling my name.  It is the little perks I tend to enjoy the most.


A mini Loofah sponge - complimentary at our hotel

As soon as I was dried and dressed, I received a good morning, Happy Mother's Day text from my husband.  All five kids stayed in the camper with him the previous night.  They had a fun, family evening while I milked my mini retreat.  

All our children camped out together,
while I was living it up with plush pillows

Receiving this photo via text message made my morning even better, my piece of heaven was now complete.

My girlfriend, Chelley and I, over ate at the scrumptious buffet breakfast, smoothie shots included.  We basked in the sun for a few hours.  I had time to quiet my mind and enjoyed doing a lot of nothing.

I discovered a few things as I lay by the pool wondering when I would be able to come back to my new favorite hotel retreat.  It may seem hard to believe, but I do enjoy the finer things in life.  I am a hotel snob and prefer staying at upscale hotels, but I am always looking for a bargain. I believe this is called being frugal (not cheap).

I am a princess at heart, but I can go with the flow as much as I need to because I realized it makes living with men (boys) easier.  Although I sleep in a camper most nights, I prefer my 1000 count bed sheets, I can eat anywhere, but I prefer clean restaurants with good food.  I let my boys play outside, but I hate anything sticky, like fingers, floors and tables.  I thoroughly enjoy a good beer on draft, but a flavored martini is equally as good.  A nice little balance keeps life interesting.

I woke up on my Mother's Day rested, satisfied and happy.  I went home and loved on my wonderful family. We had a sweet late afternoon and evening together.  We ate bad at the Chinese buffet, it wasn't clean, but I was happy anyway.  It was the perfect ending to my perfect day and I didn't mind one bit coming home to my camper.  Especially since my husband worked hard cleaning up the outside area and washed our home on wheels.  Like I said, it's the little perks I enjoy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment