Monday, October 28, 2013

Thursday - Day 242- And We Ran ALL the Way Home

John was out of town this week for a trade show.  All the fun morning chores, including walking the dog, were on me. 

I have my mornings efficiently planned to the minute, and as long as we're out the door no later than 7:30AM, James gets to school with time to spare, and I leave school grounds with my favorite crossing guard

All was going smoothly.  That is until, I walked the chaotic dog.  We walked 
as far to the next empty camping spot, right next to our RV.  All the silly dog needed to do was pee on a tree and we were good to go. 

Just when I thought my few minutes allocated to dog walking were uneventfully completed, a little, stinking, dog comes yapping, I mean barking, while running our way.  I quickly realized he was accidentally freed by his frantic owner. 

I looked at the miniature dog, and eyed Rabbit, as he was alerted with anticipation of his prey.  

Now how do I do handle this unexpected scenario? 

The owner was older, and unable to catch his dog quickly.  If I didn't move quick,  Rabbit would surely take one chomp out of his little dog.  

Now, the dogs may or may not have scrapped, for all I knew they may have sniffed each other's butts.  But, I couldn't wait to find out, so I ran.  


Me and my BIG dog RAN ALL the way home.  We ran from the little scrappy dog.  We ran as fast as possible to our RV.(parked right next to where we were standing.)

The little dog was uncomfortably close to catching up to us, but we made it.  I was almost certain that little dog was going to follow us right into the camper, Yapping the entire time!!  


Funny how it's the little things that put a jump in our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment