Thursday, October 17, 2013

Friday - Day 229 - Halloween Booty

A funny little thing happened at the campground today.  I realized it suddenly turned to fall, how much I love living here and how fast the time has flown by.  

I really can not believe Halloween is creeping upon us.  The stores have been carrying  Halloween decorations and candy for at least a month,  James and I checked out the Halloween Spirit superstore at the end of August.  He picked out his costume, which I refused to buy without a coupon in hand for a good deal. (I held out for $10 off). 

When did Halloween become a multimillion dollar industry?  When did bags of candy get bigger with less candy, costing a small fortune?  When did costume stores begin popping up across the country selling gruesome and sexy costumes?  



Yes, Halloween is now around the corner.  This also means, it is almost November, which means it is practically Thanksgiving. How did that happen?  

After Thanksgiving we will be getting ready for Christmas.  If you desire an early start you can start shopping for Christmas now.  Kohl's has a very nice display and it smells like Christmas in an entire section of their store.

I am definitely not ready for that, so I think I'll stick to Halloween. 

At our campground a lot of our neighbors decorated for the holidays and it has been fun to watch skeletons, spiders and ghosts find their way outside of everybody's RV.  It makes me smile, especially to see James so excited.  

 James loves these decorations

James wants to decorate our camper, but I told him we'd decorate our house next year.  In the meantime, he is drawing pumpkins and hanging his art work throughout the inside of our RV.  

I'm wondering if trick or treating from one camper to the next will be an option for us this year.  James, Ty and mom will absolutely have to take advantage of that and then hit our future neighborhood for more treats.  

I don't care how old we are, once we have kids it's Carp diem to claim our halloween loot all over again.  Haven't we earned it?  As far as I'm concerned all the candy my kids do not like or can't eat is mine.  All that chewy candy, I will most definitely have to confiscate from Ty.  My stepson does not eat half his Halloween take home, all his caramel, peanut butter and toffee is as good as gold to me.  

Halloween is the best holiday, it is an excuse to eat tons of good candy I would not normally induldge in during the year, and I feel absolutely no guilt.  We wouldn't want all that expensive candy, someone else bought, to go to waste now would we?   

Halloween probably become a multimillion industry because a bunch of adults wanted to keep the tradition alive for themselves, licking thier fingers with big grins on their faces.  

There's nothing like reliving our childhood, one holiday at a time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment