Monday, October 28, 2013

Wednesday - Day 241 - Change

I went on another job interview this week, it was with a long standing public accounting firm.  I was called back for a follow up today, which is very optimistic. Life can change at any moment. Being ready, able and willing to change is the challenge.  

I volunteered at James school again today.  Every Wednesday morning I assist James' teacher with future projects and with class centers.  

When I help cut out projects, or sort future worksheets, I listen to part of a lesson and a story being told.  I smile knowing the life lessons being taught in this classroom, will last James for a lifetime.   

When I work in centers with James' classmates, (centers are individual work time) they know me now and are comfortable coming to me with questions.  They are sweet and fun to watch.  I enjoy my time in class immensely.  

I also have the privileged to spend time with James during his lunch afterward I volunteer.  He loves to sit outside and talk to me.  He shares all sorts of stories about school and his classmates.  

This could all come to an end, at anytime, once a job offer comes.




This is change I won't embrace, however I will accept it.  

Our campground has changed.  Snow birds have come and set up house all around us.  They are here for the long haul, name signs are hung, lawn lights set out, satellite dishes are in place, they are definitely not going anywhere, anytime soon.  We were not here last year, I would suggest we are a change for them as well.



Cha...Cha..Change 
Right across from our RV


This is change I will embrace.  Things are very much the same with us, but the world around us is different.  

Whether change is in my span of control or not, I will always be ready to adapt.




Without change we can never appreciate where we have been as we move forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment