Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sunday - Day 245 - treasure boat

The weather has become significantly cooler in Florida.  We are in full blown fall, the heat goes on in the mornings simply to nip the chill out of the camper.

It is our third season in the camper. It has become clear how much we have accumulate over the last eight months. Although, I am very conscious of what we purchase and dispose of, due to our limited living space, despite my efforts there is still accumulation. I rarely buy anything that is not an absolutely necessity and I'm cautious on what I take in for free.  There is no room for excess.

Our cabinets are now stuffed with larger, warmer clothes we pulled from storage for Ty.  They use to belong to James.  

Long sleeves and shirts for Ty.
We are ready for cooler weather

Another set of cabinets is stuffed with James' Pre-K art work from over the summer.  

James has taken it upon himself to decorate the camper with his artwork and graded school papers. 

I wake up to this each morning.
Who needs a mirror? 


James is proud of his work,
how can I argue with this? 

I also decorated with Ty's artwork in the living area. 

Ty's artwork
(and Jacket)

The refrigerator is littered with weekly school flyers and the school calendar.
Large photo magnets barely hold everything in place. 

Our DVD cabinet is the worse.  It is James catch all for little toys, pencils, markers, sharpeners, and anything that gets picked up off the floor gets thrown in here. 

DVD disaster cabinet

I wonder, do I clean everything out now or wait until we are ready to pack up and move?  Our camper is lived in, comfortable and safe.  It's become a bit cluttered and we have some plenty of stuff we should probably trash, but not yet. 

James has a way of collecting needless things that are imortant to him. I wait for just the right time to trash his worthless junk.  Once he tires of a new toy, normally when it's falling apart, or has missing pieces, I place it in it's appropriate home (the trash!!).

James has made a treasure chest home for himself in his bunk.  He hangs his artwork and loves his little treasures stored in every nook and cranny.  I won't take away his cave treasures, but at the same time the sooner I trash an old one the more room he will have for new treasures.  

At the head of James bed
(under the mattress)

He is a true little pack rat.  It's funny to know, but unnerves me to see. I hide things under his blanket, pillow and mattress so I won't have to see his clutter, especially, when I make his bed.

James my little pack rat - pirate child with his treasure boat - I mean bunk.  

At the foot of James bed
(under the mattress)


No comments:

Post a Comment