Monday, October 7, 2013

Wednesday - Day 220 - Exhaustion

Ever have one of those non stop days, the dynamics are like a ping pong ball, bouncing in an enclosed plastic case.  And when the day finally winds to an end, exhaustion has set in.  You start to wonder if you'll have an ounce of energy left to get through the last hours of your day.  



Those hours are barley manageable, yet you have no choice, but to continue on and push through.  The children are finally asleep, the house (or camper) is reasonably clean and your head can finally rest on a sweet, soft pillow.  Your mind is at ease, knowing the next day will be better, easier and calmer.   

My mind drifted to other thoughts as well.  What do all the working mothers do? How do they manage the children, their schedules and still work at least an eight hour day, without going insane? 

My exhausted head, still read a bedtime story to my son, I was still focused to answer his questions, and do homework and be a mom.  

My day went like this:  it revolved around, school pick up, volunteering at James' school, sitting with him and a dozen six year olds for lunch, stealing two hours to study for my CPA exam, picking James up, driving home, helping James with a school project, packing food and milk for dinner, picking Ty up from daycare, taking both boys to the park, watching James' friend's soccer game, staying for James' soccer game at 6:15pm.  By 7:30pm we were all ready for bed.  

When we were finally home, the boys were showered, ready for bed, read to and put to sleep.  My fabulously helpful husband was out of town and unable to assist me.  I contemplated skipping chores, but trudged on, I washed dishes, walked the dog, picked up dirty clothes, picked up toys, vacuumed and finally put myself to bed.   






Wow! I'm tied just writing this.  I'll get to do it all over again next Wednesday. Moms silently 'rock' in more ways then one.  We are the glue and the foundation and we 'do' what we do, without complaint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment