Monday, October 21, 2013

Tuesday - Day 233 - Fear

I made the decision to fly to New York to help my sister take care of my mother.  

My mom is sick again and ended up in the hospital.  My heart hurts for what she is experiencing.  Her emotional pain and fear of  managing her physical ailments are a huge mental stress on her well being. 

My strength and will for her are useless.  Her journey is all her own and all I can do is be there to listen, support and love her.  I can pray and wish for her recovery, but in the end she is the one in control of her worries and fears, I can not magically take them away. 



Having minimal control over her peace of mind is difficult to experience.  I want my mother to be happy and to smile again.  I want her to look forward to a brighter future, not pulled into a desperate world of despair.  


Growing old is a guarantee, however some of us grow old faster and with more worries and fears while others embrace every last day with zest.  What sets the healthy old from the sick old apart?  What changes inside our minds transforming our physical state?   

Life is a dynamic mesh of joy and fear.  Fear will overtake our minds, crippling our abilities to love, live and learn.  Fear will sneak up on us and present itself in many forms, it will come through our family and friends, authority figures and current events.  Fear has no boundaries or limitations.  

Identifying fear, and not allowing it to enter our space, is the only way to prevent it from captivating our minds.  Once inside our joyous spirit, fear is like a disease, infecting our happy life.  Fear will find us and slowly kill our spirit, the symptoms are depression, loneliness, sadness and feelings of not being loved.  




My mother has fear, how do I take it away? 

No comments:

Post a Comment