Sunday, June 2, 2013

Friday - Day 96 - A Coastal Living gathering

Our entire family was invited to a high school graduation party.  It was for a friend of our oldest daughter.  We put our best clothes on and headed out.  It's not often we get a social night with all five of our children. 

We managed through the initial niceties, my husband easily found his comfort zone.  I took my time to assess the situation, before I put myself out there, made a joke and was at ease when everyone laughed. 

The house was decorated perfectly, mirroring pages of Coastal Living.  We all gathered in the kitchen, right next to the delicious home baked goodies. 



Eyeing the display of decadent treats, James was the first to help himself to one of everything, both chocolate and peanut butter.  I had some cheesecake that rivaled my mother's, along with some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. 

The question was soon asked, or announced by our host.  "Don't you guys live in a BIG 5th Wheel?"  I find this a common and most interesting assumption.  Most people who haven't seen our camper, automatically imagine we must be living in a 5th wheel, because who would live full-time in anything less? 

We let our host down gently and explained, we live in a brand new travel trailer which is an impressive thriry- three feet long with ample space for all the kids.  Jack stayed with us all week without it feeling crowded.  

It's our home, for now, and we love every inch of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment