Thursday, June 6, 2013

Monday - Day 99 - The Seven Year Itch

Today is my seven year wedding anniversary.  It is a milestone and a perfect time to reflect on the journey my husband and I have traveled.  We also have a new road in front of us with many new experiences to live. 

John and I had a storybook romance, falling in love quickly and married on the beach only seven months after we meet.  We worked together, traveled and learned so much about one another after our wedding day. 


My prince charming, swept me off my feet
He was my fairy tale come true 

My instant family of five was alive with happiness from the day I said, "I do."


.
It was an incredible day!
Only eighteen months later, we welcomed our first son, James, into the family, four years and a week later we completed our family when Ty was born.  

John's three incredible children and our two boys made for a close knit family of seven.  We have laughed together, cried together, lived through good times and some difficult times.  But, after seven years, it has made our family better and happier, together.

We understand one another on many levels and appreciate each others' strengths and weaknesses.  I can only imagine how much we will grow in seven more years.

Today, John and I, shared with many people that it is our seven year anniversary,  feeling proud and excited about our future. 

Today, we not only celebrated our seven year anniversary, but we also signed paperwork to build a seven room home for our family; expected completion is about seven months.  

Today was significant.  Today we have brought our family home and the road ahead could not be more beautiful.  


Our last family photo, taken a year ago in Alaska. 

No comments:

Post a Comment