Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturday - Day 104 - A night out with "My Girls"

As I grabbed my SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker) freebie perfume purse with me on my Dallas girls weekend, little did I know how many parallels my girls weekend would compare to the racy series.  

We sat at the hotel bar, ordered three different cocktails and instantly felt our kindred Samantha, Carrie and Charlotte spirits.  My curly hair and blog writing would fit me to Carrie.  Bonnie's fascination with "Fifty Shades of Grey" made her a Samantha ringer, and Rebecca's optimism and straight hair would pin her to Charlotte.   






We walked around in downtown Dallas, dressed to impress, heels high and hair flowing.  Although the city was different, the mission was the same; a fabulous ladies night out, we were playing our parts well.  While our men were at home with the kids, we were simply happy to have a fun night out together, to talk and enjoy one another's company, a rare thing we get to do.

When it came to colorful cocktails and heated discussions, our topics could entice any Sex in the City audience.  We could talk about anything and everything.  We laughed and listened.  


We found our way to usual venues with unusual people, giving us plenty of fodder for good humor and crazy punch lines.  I would have sworn one lesbian couple came straight from an off-broadway show, make-up and costumes perfectly suited to match. 

We ate sushi at odd hours of the night, while sharing our company with wild, nameless gay men, wearing cut off shorts and showing off legs that would rival our own.  


We found our way to a masterpiece, tree and water paradise in the middle of downtown Dallas.  It was the the perfect ending to an incredible evening.  


I love my "Sex In The City" girls.  We find any reason and all ways to support one another and remind each other that we care.   Here's to season one and looking forward to our next episode; life, love and sex in any city.  









No comments:

Post a Comment