Sunday, June 16, 2013

Saturday AM - Day 111 - Mental Yoga

I have this unbelievable satisfaction while folding our laundry.  There is something so calming and thoughtful about making neat piles of perfectly folded clothes. 

Each pile are tops or bottoms, two each per person in the household.  Each pile has its own place in the RV.  I get an extra pile for sleep clothes and delicates.  I love looking at the piles when I'm all done and the laundry basket and laundry bag are empty. 

Today was an extra special laundry flooding day.  I took all the clean laundry to one of the pool picnic tables so I could watch James swim in the pool.  I took extra time to fold each article of clothing just right. 

The pool area was playing country music and the entire process felt peaceful.  Ty and John were napping in the camper, James was making friends in the pool and I was content as can be, folding all our clothes.  Without a moments hesitation, I knew I had to put my feelings into words.  

When I was done folding, I stacked all the piles in the laundry bag, it's my favorite part.  The clothes fit better, efficient and compact.  I knew it was a task well done.  It gave me peace inside, and in our busy days, any time to sit quietly and reflect is a welcomed experience.  

I use to do Yoga in Texas, it is always something I have enjoyed over the years.  I plan to begin yoga again soon, but until I do, I will embrace my mental laundry yoga, and look forward to when I can begin hot yoga all over again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment