Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thursday - Day 123 - The truth is stranger than fiction

I truly believe that the truth is always stranger and funnier than fiction.  

I walked into a McDonald's this morning for ice coffee and chocolate milk.  While placing my order I  overheard a man give his order.  When the cashier asked his name, he responded without pause, "Springsteen ......but if you prefer it can be Bon Jovi."

'The Real Boss!"

At that point I had to look.  I was disappointment he looked nothing like either rockstar.

As I left I noticed the place was filled with old men. Many old men, gathered to enjoy breakfast together.  I found it amusing, all the retires where at this particular McDonalds to have a Pow Wow.  

Later that day I took James to Chick Fil-A after school was over to kill two hours before his piano lessons.  I stepped inside to see balloons and a huge crowd of people.  I was wondering if there was a birthday party, the atmosphere was so jovial.  One of the employees quickly made sure we had a seat. "It's Bingo night!" She explained as she assured me and the boys we would get the last available table.  I'm thinking, "Am I in the right place?  Why is this woman taking care of us to play bingo?"  The line for food was long, she could have given the table to anyone.

I figured out Thursday was bingo night at this Chick Fil-A.  It was free to play and all the winners get a free dessert.  They also gave us a cow bell to ring if we had a winning Bingo card.  Wow!!  Bundles of fun. 

And Play BINGO!


It didn't take much thought to stay and play.  Tonight it would be bingo at the Chick Fil A until James' Piano lesson.  To top the entire experience off, his kid's meal was FREE, bonus on the meal plan that evening.   

Unfortunately, we did not win a free dessert; however, I was pleased with the kids toy, a mini book.  It kept Ty occupied as I sloppily managed two boards, James gave up way too quickly.  

I think the strangest aspect of the entire evening was how nice, friendly and accommodating the entire staff was to everyone.  Quite the unexpected fast food experience.  But that's the truth, and I'm sticking with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment