Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday - Day 112 - Father's Day

When I met my husband he had no idea he was going to become a father all over again.  I made it clear I wanted children before he even had the chance to figure out if he wanted to date me.  I was a no nonsense kind of girl and I wanted my intentions to be totally understood.  He welcomed the message loud and clear.

A little over two years later, we were married and give birth to our first son.  It would be his fourth child, my first.  He was elated.  He had always thought his door to having more children was closed, until that is, he met me.  Another four years later and we gave birth to Ty.  He was now a father of five.

Ty's Birthday!


What's one more to add to the Nelson Klan!
Haley, Marcella, Jack, James & John

I truly believe if I gave my husband the green light, he would have had more children.  I was fulfilled and we agreed five was the perfect number of children, his door was now officially closed.  

John is such a good father in so many ways.  He listens and cares.  He can manage a toddler and a teenager with the same easy fatherly fashion.  It is in his nature, he was born to be a father.

Toddler Ty & John


Teenage daughter, Haley & John


I knew John would be an incredible father not long after we met.  He pulled out his wallet and showed me his three adorable children on our first date. Children I never knew I would be a step-mother to, children who already knew they had the best daddy ever.

Corn MAZE in Cleveland, GA
John, Marcella, Haley & Jack


Alaskan Cruise
Jack, Haley, Marcella & John


It is ironic the way our lives unfold.  Neither of us knew what lay ahead, but John thanks me each and every day for giving him such beautiful, loving sons.  All I can think, when he tells me this, is that they are great boys because of their father.  He has molded them and taught them things that only a father can.  

John with James & Ty
in Costa Rica

I did not only meet my husband when I met John, I met the father of my children.  The father of all my children.  Happy Father's Day John!!  Looking forward to many more happy days ahead.



Haley's Prom  photo with her dad



      
Ty & John  in Memphis, TN


James & John at Disney
John & Marcella
Dancing the night away
on Alaskan Cruise
John & Jack in New York

John & Jack
James & John in Costa Rica
James 1st wedding
(he was the Ring Bearer)
Marcella's first baseball game
James and his daddy
Marcella & her daddy
John & Jack
John & Ty in Costa Rica






Jack & John in Cancun, Mexico








Haley, James, Marcella & Jack
in Hilton Head, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment