Sunday, June 30, 2013

Friday - Day 124 - Our Country

My husband found this link, www.roadtrippers.com.  It is great to use when traveling the United States via any type of vehicle.  Lots of interesting and unique places to visit on a road trip.  

Road Trippers 

As much as I love traveling outside the United States, I also enjoy traveling within my own county.  I love learning about the country I was born and raised in.  I try to understand my country through my own first hand images of the countryside.  I continually learn speaking with people raised in different states gives me a better sense of what and who America truly is. 

Climates and populations are unique and will change people.  For example, those raised in the country have little understanding of life in a city and city folk find it difficult to grasp living a country life.  Those in the North face different challenges than those in the Southern states.  No one way is better, but each type of American has a very different mind set and will view America quite differently.  


The more states traveled,
the easier it is to name them all.
The USA gets smaller, when it's well traveled

I believe generalizations and stereotypes do not hold true when we dig into the nitty gritty of why people from all over the world want to see all parts of America.  As Americans we take for granted how diverse our society and culture is, simply by crossing state borders.  These differences are what fascinate outsiders.   

On my recent, short, trip out west I observed foreigners.  There is a absolutely a fascination with the United States.  People from outside our country admire our diverse culture and want to emulate who we are.  This is something to be proud of. 

Check out this link, www.roadtrippers.com, plan a long or short road trip this summer and enjoy our country with a new found appreciation.  One day, this country will not look, feel or be the same, so enjoy it just the way it is today.  Then share your experiences with everyone who will listen.   

~Let's go Explore~


No comments:

Post a Comment