Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tuesday - Day 114 - From frogs to bugs & snakes

We were awake super early to catch out flight to Salt Lake City today.  John was awoken earlier, due to the loud frogs outside our camper.  

We have had a lot of rain, and it is that time of year when all the tadpoles grow into frogs.  Wow, they are loud for being so small.  Even after all this time living at the campground, these things still surprise me. 

We made it to Salt Lake City, found our rental car and hit the road to Jackson Hole, WY, a beautiful five hour drive.  My world exploded with eye opening views the minute we left the parking garage.  The chime of frogs at 5am seemed vey far away.  

                                         
     Our drive from Salt Lake City, UT 
       to Jackson Hole, WY was gorgeous!   

On our drive, John and I chatted about many things.  The frogs began a long conversation about bugs and snakes and all the crazy creatures in and around all our homes. 

I had no idea John checked all our beds for bugs and snakes in the camper and at our cabin before bedtime.  He is extremely cautious before laying Ty in his bed.  He told me, "You just never know what may have crawled into bed when you're not looking."  He truly made my wheels turn, it never occurred to me to check the beds. 

At our Georgia cabin there are centipedes, scorpions, snakes and spiders to watch out for.  At the camper we have Palmetto bugs, ants, spiders and frogs that could sneak inside.  At the new house we'll be on the look out for all of the above, plus Mosquitos and snakes near the retention pond.  Oh my!!  I told John, "I just pretend they don't exist and hope I never see any of them."

        This sucker was sneaking around my friend's Florida home. Yikes!!
       
In the mist of our bug conversation, I was in awe looking out the window.  The landscape changed about every 30 miles, the mountains and terrain were an array of color and size.  The Western United States is truly the most beautiful part our country that I have ever seen.  I feel extremely fortunate to have shared this trip with my husband and the boys. It made talking about bugs in our beds all the more enjoyable. 









No comments:

Post a Comment