Monday, June 3, 2013

Saturday - Day 97 - A Turn in the Road


A Turn in the Road



After almost 100 days in the RV, John and I came to a few conclusions.  Some were good and some weren't.

On a positive note, we determined James has grown extremely independent, and a lot of his recent growth and development are due to us living in an RV.  He has grown up in so many ways and has continually proven his abilities to learn, listen and pay attention.  He follows rules, and has learned to be respectful of us and those around us.  He is a brand new little boy.  

I am unsure if it is his sense of freedom or seeing his older sisters and brothers more.  Maybe, it is having his buddy Max back in his life.  Whatever the reason, I am very happy we decided to move back to Florida.  I am even happier we live in our camper. 

John and I also came to a few other realizations.  We moved back to Florida to see and spend time with our older children.  We love and cherish all our time with them.  We want them to feel comfortable staying with us anytime.  We discovered the RV has hindered the girls ability to spend more quality time with us, outside of dinners and the occasional sleepover.  Jack does a better job of camping with all the boys, but sometimes it takes a little encouragement for him to come stay. 

We considered we were approaching Haley's last year of high school, and to truly maximize our time with her and all the kids, we would have to consider an alternative living arrangement.  Our simple life may not be so simple anymore. 

And so the hunt to find an adequate home for all the children would begin.  But we wanted to consider all our options to be sure we would get the most bang for our buck.  We looked at homes online and and in person.  We narrowed down our wants and needs.  We discussed obstacles and how long we could continue to live in the camper.  There is so much to consider, but our kids are our top priority and we want to be certain they all feel they have a place to call home.  

Until a decision or move is made we are one-hundred percent full timers and life is still simple.  I love how my life is always full of twists and turns and I just never know where I will end up next.  I am always open to opportunities.  Hmmm, I always wanted to be on House Hunters, maybe I should drop them a line.  




No comments:

Post a Comment