Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wednesday - Day 115 - Was it a Dream?

Waking up in a new place, it usually takes me a few seconds to remember where I am and then there's that sigh of relief when my memory comes flooding back.

I'm in a beautiful suite, with an extremely comfortable bed, and an envious view.  I slept very well, awoke anticipating an exhilarating shower and "No! I was not dreaming." 

I promised James we would go to the pool early in the day, and we did.  The pool was on a terrace with another beautiful view of the mountains and it was as warm as a bath.  I caught a glimpse of a bike rental shop from the pool deck.  A seed was planted, could I rent bikes for James and I and tow Ty?  I was going to find out. 

The pool was warm with perfection

First we went to a cafe with the coolest little kid area.  It had a TV with a Shrek DVD playing, a chalkboard wall, a comfy couch, mini tables and chairs and plenty of toys.  I ate my breakfast, enjoyed my cup of coffee and watched the boys play.  

At the Hotel Terra Cafe, 'Kiddy" area
I call it 'The Mom Sanity Sanctuary"

Next we visited with John and his colleagues.  It was great seeing everyone.  I felt extremely grateful for each of them, who without, I would not be here.  It was business as unusual for all of them, while I bee-lined to the bike store.  I checked prices and although I was wondering if I would be able to handle a bike ride with both boys, I decided to do it. The unknown would soon be known. 

We went back to our room, and changed clothes.  Ty grabbed a 2 hour nap and we headed back downstairs just as the cleaning lady knocked on our door.  What incredible timing as James was itching to get his bike.  We rented one for each of us and a trailer for Ty.  

Super excited, 'Mom, when can we leave?!"

After a little coaching, James lead the way for us.


James was a trouper and he followed directions very well.  He learned the difference between a Stop and a Yield sign.  He rode without one complaint.  When it rained, cold slushy rain, for a couple of miles, it was windy and chilly and James pedaled even faster then I did.



James was big on taking photos



Ty was a cute little rider and he did extremely well.  I shared trail mix and water with him, he munched and rode quietly.  He pointed and laughed when we stopped to look at horses.


  

Ty took in the scenery, while I rode him around.
 I'm thinking he could get use to this life.

Ty in his capsule - even when it rained,
he didn't complain...much.

Both boys enjoyed every minute of every mile of our ride.  I had no idea we already rode 6.3 miles when we finally decided to turn around.  I could not believe how far we rode, although, I felt it in my legs each time I climbed off my bike.  My legs felt like Jell-O.  But, we continued on and two and half hours later we made it back to the resort.   James could not wait to tell his dad all about his long bike ride. 

James was fierce and fast.  Nothing slowed him down

"Mom, take a photo with the cows behind me!"


John couldn't believe we actually rode 12.6 miles.  I like it when I still find ways to surprise my husband.  I can not wait to see what surprises will come tomorrow.

  
Our views along the Bike Trail!







No comments:

Post a Comment