Saturday, June 15, 2013

Friday - Day 110 - The Reality

Day In, day out, there are things I do everyday.  They are part of my daily reality living in my RV.  They are the non-sexy, nuts and bolts of camping life.

I am at the grocery store every other day, if not everyday.  Usually needing milk gets me into the grocery store, but keeping up with basic needs does too.  My fridge on a good day looks like this, normally it is not this stuffed.  


My packed mini-fridge

I take the trash out at least twice a day and I pick up dog poop twice a day.  My life is all about getting rid of the trash, so we can make room for more. 



My mini-garbage pail

All of our dishes are hand washed.  I am in a never ending battle to keep my sink empty.  I relish a clean sink and a clean sink is what I consistently strive for.  Today was a pancake day, I had lots of dishes to wash.



Pancake Day!!


Our bathroom is cramped and usually cluttered.  It gets cleaned often, and magically comes back to being cluttered.  The pet's food dishes are in the bathroom too.  I often multitask in the mornings, I feed the pets while I brush my teeth or do other things. 



My mini-bathroom

Today the boys had a busy swim day at the campground and at his friend, Max's house.  James swam, Ty floated.  At Ty's swim class, his teacher suggested I get photos of both boys floating.  James was so exhausted, he fell asleep in the Walmart shopping cart afterwards.

 The boys floating together.


After a busy day of swimming, my boys snuggle into their bunk beds, and slept well. Their beds are their safe haven.  I know they feel safe when they are sleeping well.  





It was a busy day of non-stop mini chores, and routines.  We enjoy our days and our nights, regardless of the mundane tasks, it is the reality of our life in our RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment