Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wednesday - Day 122 - Chaos in the Camper

I spent most of my morning working on some final details on our trip out west with the entire family late next month.
As soon as I'm home from one trip the next one seems to get completed.

For the most part, my day was uneventful, until I came home after picking James up from school.  

This is when my peaceful day turned into utter chaos.  

James accidentally opened the screen door to the camper too wide and Rabbit made an escape.   It had been a while since Rabbit made a run for it, and to say I was slightly annoyed, was an huge understatement.

I watched the dog scare a family and their small dog back into their RV bus.  I had to smile inside, my dog is very friendly, and seeing the new neighbors run for cover was just the right kind of crazy I needed to make the situation bearable.

I strapped Ty back into his car seat to go on a Rabbit Hunt.  A 13 year old girl, from the same scared, bus family, was on her bike helping James look for our dog.  She had a mix colored mullet of red, orange and blonde hair.  She was oddly nice, but I quickly determined why her family bolted inside their camper when they saw Rabbit galloping towards them.  They weren't from around these parts.

Thanks to another long time neighbor, who was nice enough to wave me down, I was informed where Rabbit was lurking and was able to quickly retrieve the crazy critter.  He received a well deserved spanking, which was quite a hilarious side show to see.  I probably would not have spanked him if he didn't defiantly run further from me the first two times he spotted me.

Later that day, James and Ty decided they wanted to eat chocolate ice cream during a much anticipated phone call with my sister.  I choose to monitor the boys with minimal supervision, resulting in an ice cream explosion by the time I was off the call.  The ice cream carton was licked clean, but the actual ice cream was all over their mouths, onto the floor, and carpet runners.  It's was a yucky, sticky mess.  

Chaos in the camper!


This is one of the few times I truly cherish my dog as he quickly followed the boys around liking up as much of the ice cream as he could muster.  I'm sure glad he likes chocolate. 

Rabbit is the perfect wet/dry vacuum

Not long after the ice cream escapade, Ty grabbed a full water bottle, managed to pry it open it and spill water all over his Cars futon seat, all over the floor and a pillow.  What's a little water between friends?  One more disaster to clean up. 

Ty'pulls the pillow onto his futon,
when he's ready to take a nap.

Every so often, I have these days I call "Chaos in the Camper".  There's food spilled everywhere, kids crying, complaining or whining, the dog escaping and I stop and think, "Is this MY chaotic life?"  And when it all settles down, the boys are sound asleep, and the camper gets cleaned, I know I wouldn't trade one little thing of my "Crazy Camper Life". 

No comments:

Post a Comment