Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Saturday - Day 160 - Full Timer Family

We had the opportunity to visit with John's Uncle Jim and Aunt Sue today.  They live in Florida and we had not seen them since Christmas.  It was really great to spend quality time together and catch up. 

The four of us share a special connection, specifically around RVing life.  We share the same desires for the simple life and to explore the country.  Uncle Jim and Aunt Sue are on a plan to live as full timers in an airstream and in a few years will be traveling the country on their own time table.


Example of an Airstream they could transition to.

I love listening to how they plan to execute their dreams and the process they have been through to downsize their life and prepare for their ultimate journey. 

I know once they transition to living as fulltime RVers they will never look back.  Our own experiences have been positive and sharing how life has changed for us has been exciting and I hope helpful for their own journey. 

I am sure one day we will be meeting them in different places around the country.  I imagine once we're back in a house, I'll be reading a blog of their travels with a smile.  Life is funny like that, we live and we learn.   I hope I indirectly teach as I follow my own path and also learn from the tales of others.

Eventually, I can see myself traveling and exploring the country one sweet day at a time.  That's the draw to living in an RV, the unexpected, having no plan, the life on wheels without a flight home, because home is always with you.  

The only things holding me back now, are my desires not to home school and the fact that my stepchildren are rooted here in Florida.  My life, as everyones' will evolve and change.  The greatest thing about living with an open mind, is opportunity is always waiting on the horizon.  I'm always willing and waiting for positive changes to come and when they do, I will look back with no regrets, knowing I always made the best of all situations.   

Life is combining all simple pleasures, one day at a time.  Yesterday we were apartment dwellers, today we are grounded RVers, tomorrow we are homeowners, the next day we may be travelers, it is what we are meant to do, to explore life in all different ways, paving a path to share with anyone who cares to listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment