Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wednesday - Day 164 - Security in the Simplicity

We're already into August and soon Labor Day weekend will be upon us and the campground will be full of eager campers making their temporary forts again.  

I have noticed August has been one of the busiest summer months so far.  There are a lot of families enjoying the campground and pool amenities before the kids go back to school. 

After Labor Day, the northerners will be back for the winter months and the next wave of seasons will be upon us. 

It is hard to believe we've been living at this campground as long as we have, it feels surreal when I reflect on how far we have come.  I consider how living as a permanent resident, in the campground, has changed my family ever so slightly.   It is an internal core change which will stay with us forever, inside our minds as memories of a simpler time.

The security of the simplicity is apparent and resides firmly in our mind's space.  It is a mindset hard to comprehend unless you have been in a similar place at some point in your life.  

In my mind, I have lost all negativity around our living arrangements.  I don't make excuses, I don't care what others think, I do not apologize for my child's new found perspective.  I am secure in our life choices and have fully embraced all of it. 

I will, one day, long for these days to be real once again.  As I sit in my favorite chair, writing, looking out the large window, gazing at the sandy dirt road, I have created an image, one I will keep with me wherever I go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment