Friday, August 2, 2013

Sunday - Day 154 - Rainbow of Dreams

Today natures divine beauty would take my breath away.  I had no idea what I was missing the first thirty-eight years of my life.  

When we arrived in Bryce Canyon National Park we were directed to take the most beautiful three mile hike in the world.  Those words spoken would not describe the feelings of enrichment gained after hiking miles of wondrous terrain; only to be surprised by a finale, filled to the brim with a bright, mosaic eye capturing vision.  



Our entire crew before our hike,
we got an early start, it was cool this morning

We experienced a true pot of gold at the end of our hikers rainbow; it's vibrant colors and various shades along the way manifested a hikers fairy tale.  




My epic journey with my family was fun and lighthearted.  We teased and pushed through moments of uncertainty with laughter.  One of us really had to use a restroom and found a perfect bush off the beaten path.  Another little man lost his lovey, to be recovered by a thoughtful hiker traveling a ways behind us.  A few struggled with the hike, but pushed on with nowhere to go, but forward.  We continued to move in awe with no idea of what lay ahead.  




The final treck of our journey resembled a pilgrimage to mecca, zig zagging our way to the top, knowing not our fate.


 Hikers climbing in droves

I found myself emotionally exposed at the highest point on the hike.  Something came over me in a subtle, but significant way.  A seed was planted and I had no idea my thoughts would fertilized that seed, enabling rapid growth by the end of my journey out west. 




My inspiration was quietly painting an internal rainbow of dreams, intertwined with hopes, sprinkled in aspiration. Today was the peek of my vacation mountain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment