Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wednesday - Day 178 - Hire Me!

Today I had the privilege, once again, to get dressed for an interview in a suit and heals in the RV, while preparing Ty for his second day of school.  I'm not sure what is harder, managing Ty or making sure I don't get dog hair on my good clothes.

Overall, the second or third time doing anything is always easier.  Today, in retrospect, was easier then the last, especially since I waited until the last minute to get dressed.  I dressed the boys, feed them, and made Ty's lunch, all before I even considered getting myself ready.  It all just seemed to flow without much thought, until I stepped outside in my heals and sank directly into the sand.  It was wet and squishy. "Tippy toes," I reminded myself. "Don't let your heals sink into the ground."

We survived.  Ty was dropped off with no issue.  Afterwards, I met John in the parking lot of my interview to transfer James to him.  John was coming home from a business trip and was on his way home from the airport.  James did not have school due to the first week staggered start schedule.

James and I arrived to meet John with enough time to get a snack while we waited for John.  It all worked out, although it could have potentially been a logistical nightmare.

I had a productive interview, but now I will wait, wait on a call, wait for an opportunity, wait until a glimmer of hope appears on the next stage of my life.  It feels like a very long time since I've been a "working girl", but it too will happen all in good time and when it does, being a "stay at home mom" will feel very far away.

In the meantime, I'll focus on my CPA exams while the boys are in school, and enjoy my time with them when they are home.  The job market here is not good, and finding a position will not be easy, but this too will pass and I can only look forward to what awaits in the future.
















No comments:

Post a Comment