Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Saturday - Day 167 - Sneaky little buggers

The summer bugs have been quite a nuisance and although I have not complained, I'm using this blog entry as full disclosure on the truth about the pesky creepy crawlers.   

Large ants, also known as carpenter ants, love our home.  Although these pests do not bite, they are unsightly and I'm not a fan.  I kill about every third one I see.  My problem is most of the time I only see them in the bathroom and I'm not always ready with something to squish the little buggers with.   We are by no means infested, but I am aware of their presence and succumb to the occasional ants passing through.  

Spiders are a common sight, however, most gratefully they are usually outdoors.  Unfortunately, they will weave a nest of webs overnight.  I need to check the doorways closely before leaving, particularly the less used backdoor, otherwise I would be draped in designer spider webs.  If I hang clothes out to dry, I try not to leave them out for more then a day, otherwise the spiders will find a new home.  

The Mosquitos are pretty bad lately due to all the rain we've had.  If I'm outside for too long I'll find huge, nasty welts on my legs.  
I'm not sure why James doesn't get more mosquito bites, maybe he's immune or he keeps moving and the bugs can't catch him. 

Flies find there way inside occasionally and smash themselves into the big living room window. They must think they are flying away until the window comes between them and a fast getaway.  Other then the buzzing noise and frustration of seeing them, it's not terribly bad.  I try to ignore them and hope they find a way to die on their own. Yuck! 

It is time to keep the doors closed and the bugs outside.  I have learned to live with my fellow pesky friends, but the truth is the only ones I do not mind in my home on wheels are from the movie, "A Bug's Life". 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment