Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thursday - Day 165 - From Strangers to Friends

I met a new friend, on the beach back in May.  She will be moving to Florida from Ohio sometime next year and was visiting this week. 

She has two little girls, five and three who hit it off gloriously with my boys and my friend Chelley's boys, when we initially met in May.  It was a meeting by chance, John parked next to their car on the beach and we all sat together and as it turned out we all had a lot in common other than small children. 

She and I, planned a day together before she went back to Ohio and we have since stayed in touch  via text.  We promised to get together the next time she was in town.  Today was that day.  Although, she was traveling without her girls this week, I met her with my boys and we spent a great day together at the beach. 


Just a normal day at the beach


We chatted about life, we learned more about one another and caught up.  It was as if we have always been friends.  She has the type of personality that is contagious and makes you feel instantly at ease.  

I rarely make friends with strangers, but I have learned having outgoing young children it absolutely helps in the friend department which allows for the most interesting outcomes when meeting people. 





No comments:

Post a Comment