Saturday, August 3, 2013

Monday - Day 155 - Dream Catchers

Our five hour drive to the Grand Canyon was pretty, but I sincerely did not think my hike in Bryce Canyon National Park could be topped.  I remained open minded and optimistic and enjoyed the road trip.  It was one I may not have the opportunity to take again in a long time. 

We stopped at a small, old rest stop, drove through the Navajo Nation, checked out the Colorado River and admired the scenery along the way.





Without realizing it, my sister and I bought similar handmade, dream catcher necklaces at a pull off.  It would turn out to be a significant purchase for me.




We finally made it to Grand Canyon National Park and instantly turned into a parking lot for our first glimpse of the Grand Canyon.  



It was eye absorbing and mind boggling, but I was not yet as emotionally moved as during my prior day's events.


I soon learned, after inspecting a park map, we could hike into and around the Grand Canyon.  My mind was sparked with curiosity.  I was more ready then I had thought to explore the canyon.  

Later that evening, we caught a bus and watched the sunset at a popular spot.  It was sweet and beautiful.  




The next morning would be our last day as a group and we would use it to explore the Grand Canyon.  I could not believe how fast the week with my sister and nieces had flown by.  I felt fortune we shared this vacation together with all our kids.  It was a time we would cherish forever and reflect on fondly, especially when all our kids are grown, and exploring the great western United States with their own children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment