Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wednesday - Day 185 - Soccer Mom?

It is official, I am a soccer mom. Whatever that means.  I do not drive a mini-van or have soccer stickers on the back of my car, but I will be chauffeuring my son back and forth to practice and games, so maybe that's close enough.  

 
Today is the day I sat on the bleachers and watched the little ones dribble the soccer balls and learn how to kick a ball into goalie nets.  We all cheered for our kids.  It's lighthearted and relaxing. 

 


 
I kept an eye on Ty as he wandered around in his own world.  The other parents looked at him in awe, and commented on how cute he is.  He is cute and sweet.  He'll be a soccer player one day as well.  

Maybe I need more then one child playing soccer to officially be a "soccer mom".  It's a joke, my friend Chelley and I have, and we laughed at the label.  It's not really what we wanted, but it kinda just happened, for whatever it's worth. 

I overheard another mom chat with her husband about work.  Maybe it was closer to gossiping, but it made the time pass while waiting for James' turn to come up.  

As I look around at the other moms, I wondered who will I become friendly with? Chelley and I, accidentally, did not request our boys to be on the same team.  Our safety net of each other's company would be gone, forcing us to mingle with other mothers.  What were we thinking?  Next season we will joke about being all by ourselves with the other soccer moms this year.  By next season we will be seasoned and experienced.  



 Max - A "Dynamo" this year
(The Navy Team)

 James - A "Kicker" this year
(The Royal Blue team)

Next year our boys will be first graders, soccer will be old hat and we will be the ones gossiping, with not a care in the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment