Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tuesday - Day 156 - Future Journey

My first step below the Grand Canyon rim was a turning point in my perspective.  I soon discovered, there was a new person inside me, she was waiting to break free and let go. 


The canyon feels and looks very different from below the rim.  It takes over your entire being, it allows for free thought and mind opening potential.  

I was captured by the grand magnificence. It took me away and returned someone new. 

I now understood why people would want to return over and over again to this Grand Canyon of hopes and dreams, especially if you have only allowed one day at the park.  


The trails are numerous and expansive.    After only hiking a small section of the canyon, I was planning my next trip to hike to the bottom, camp overnight and hike back up again.  I had no idea these desires would overcome me with waves of passion. 


I imagined how tranquil a night inside the Grand Canyon would be, the lovely serenity would not compare to any other place in the world.  I envisioned I would become one with my surroundings.  I'd listen to nature's beauty and I would be overcome with solitude.  

I thought how each step down inside the great escape would be equivalent to traveling through time, participating in a journey many have taken centuries ago.  I listened to my hearts desires and made a promise to myself, that I would return, prepared to explore one of our earth's greatest wonders.  It was a goal I had no doubt I would achieve. 




That evening we ate our final dinner as one large family of ten.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect week.  

We conquered our mission, made memories and developed new ambitions for years to come.   I did not know when I would return, I simply knew It would happen with great enthusiasm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment