Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Friday - Day 159 - Who knew? On Hulu!

I reflected on our vacation today.  It was a successful family trip which left me wanting more on my return trip home.

As I did laundry and visited with the kids (when they came over to share photos), I knew it was an adventure we would all remember well.  

Although our destinations, from San Francisco to the Grand Canyon seemed so far away, the experiences were ingrained in my being and would resurface when they were meant to be.

That evening John prepared a delicious beer butt chicken on the grill.  We were home, preparing meals again, back into a normal routine. 


There's really a beer can in that chicken

Ironically, John found a documentary series on Hulu about National Parks for us to check out: "The Best Parks Ever"  I watched with enthusiasm, I had been to five of the parks mentioned in the last two months. The ones I hadn't been to, I could not wait to explore.  National parks in Alaska, Maine, Hawaii, California and Texas, all looked extraordinarily beautiful and absolutely peaceful, our own National sanctuaries just waiting to be tapped.  I hadn't even known some of them existed.

Watching places on television after actually being there is also a fabulous feeling.  Instead of thinking, "I really wish I could go there", it was all about, "Wow, I've been there."   The world just became a little bit smaller for me today.  

It's the everyday little things, that make life worth living!


No comments:

Post a Comment