Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Thursday - Day 158 - Pace Perfect

We landed back in Florida at 5:30am and arriving home to our own clean camper was a really good feeling.  We were home. Home is good.

James attended his last day of summer school, he stayed awake and had a really good day.  All his assessments for kindergarten came back with positive feedback, he was above average in most areas, which was great considering he missed so much classroom time.

Today was also significant because we discovered our builder had broken ground on our future home.  This meant the process of moving and living in a new home was more of a reality.  The clock has begun ticking and our days in our camper were numbered.  


'A Ground Breaking Day'

This was such a bittersweet reality.  Having a house has it's benefits, more space and privacy.  However, there is financial stress, more space to keep the  family separated, and the fact that I am settled and enjoying my little camping life.

Life in an RV has its struggles, I miss my washer and dryer as well as having a normal size fridge and closet, but there are other aspects that far outweigh those things I miss.  

That cozy, safe feeling when it rains, listening to owls and frogs before I fall asleep and simply not having much to worry about, all these things are priceless.  I enjoy the way the camper gets dark before a rain storm in the middle of the day.  I appreciate seeing my boys play or nap anywhere inside the camper and I can always see them, they are close by.  I feel safe and at home.  I love that feeling. 


I like the rain

James has a lot of freedom and loves his frog catching routine.  I know, in my heart, I will always look back on my year in the RV with happiness.  Although, it is like nothing I have ever thought I would or could do, now that I know a house is on the horizon, I'm already a little sad for this chapter in my life to end.  That may seem odd to an outsider, but there's no doubt in my mind, the simple life is good. 

I find myself trying hard not to look to far forward in my future, and to be present in the now.  It allows my time here to move at just the right pace, not too fast and not too slow, it is just right, to enjoy every day of our camping world.

Pace Perfect - as time moves rapidly if we let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment