Monday, August 5, 2013

Wednesday - Day 157 - Dreams Captured

We were leaving the Grand  Canyon today, but not before making a pitstop to see the movie at the visitor center.

It easily reinforced my new found wonder with the Grand Canyon and allowed me to have a better understanding of how to achieve my future desires to explore the canyon.

The movie showed a two week camping and rafting trip down the Colorado river.  That would be the ultimate vacation, although in reality, I have never tent camped longer than a three day weekend and my extent of rafting experience only included water parks.  I did not let either fact squelch my spark of wonder and excitement to try something new.

My dream catcher was working hard catching dreams, I thought, why not go with it, I knew once one dream was achieved the flood gates seem to open to many more waiting to be captured.

I knew more tent camping trips would be in my future, the rustic side of me just aching to be set free. Apparently, living in an RV, at a campground, was not rustic enough.  On our next trip to Georgia, to reclaim our pets, John and I will plan a day of rafting down the Chattahoochee river.  The first steps in a larger plan, maybe next year or the year after it would be me on that grand raft, working my way down the Colorado.


Rafting down the Colorado River


As the day continued, I could not think of a reason not to hike and camp down in the Grand Canyon or raft down the Colorado River.  However, the fact that I never thought in a million years I would have desires to do either truly surprised me, yet my heart told me it was a chance of a life time.  I would also be able to share the experiences with my own boys one day when they were old enough.  I would also discover easier rafting trips they can partake in while still young and it gave me more motivation to ensure I achieved my dreams. 

Life is truly amazing, when you least expect it, it will present opportunities and new roads to travel, ones you may never have seen on the horizon.

We found ourselves in Sedona, AZ later in the day before we caught our red eye flight home to Orlando.  It was a quaint scenic well kept town.  I instantly loved it. 


Sedona, AZ

We detoured to a Frank Lloyd Wright's house, Taliesin West in Scottsdale on the way to the airport.  It gave me another reason to return to this part of the country.  I looked forward to touring the famous architect's home.  Another little thing, I did not know I would have so much interest in, but once I was on the property and after researching his home online, I was hooked. 

Frank Lloyd Wright's house, Taliesin West in Scottsdale, AZ

Today was a day of brand new discoveries.  New dreams were captured and life seemed a little more interesting and rewarding today.



No comments:

Post a Comment