Friday, August 2, 2013

Saturday - Day 153 - Our Pot of Gold

Saturday we gave the kids a little downtime to participate in activities at the rustic Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort.  Jack and Theresa played paintball and all the girls went horseback riding.  




They also zip-lined, bungeed on a trampoline, rock climbed and James had an all day camp consisting of all the activities, including arts, crafts and pool time.  There was something for everyone, and everyone was happy.   

James absolutely impressed all of us, including his camp counselor, with his zip lining ambition.  It was his first time zip lining, and I wasn't sure if he even knew what zip lining was, but he approached the activity as if it was no big deal at all.  Without any question he had all his gear on faster than the big kids and was the first in line to go. 



The rope was high and stretched out far, but without showing any fear he stepped out, off the ledge and zoom, off he went, a huge smile plastered on his face.  When he reached the end he couldn't wait to run back and do it all over again.  




I was extremely proud of my son today, I knew it was the beginning of a long road watching James do grown up firsts.  He did not need me, he was flying solo on his journey of life.  When I asked for a hug, he didn't need it, and shooed me away.  James grew up a little more today, I was very aware of this and inside I glowed with happiness. 

We went back to the house later in the day after spending some time at the pool.  It began raining and poured down really hard.  We all watched out the large living room windows.  John and I were sitting on the couch looking at photos from his long hike, earlier in the day, and then he stopped mid-sentence.  

I looked at John's astounded expression, he jumped up and headed out the sliding glass doors to the deck.  I looked out onto our already gorgeous view, and my eyes mirrored the most beautiful, perfectly shaped rainbow.  On closer inspection, there was a second rainbow right beneath the first.  A double rainbow, ideal and true to it's colors.  We all looked out, inspired with disbelief.   The photos really do not do it justice, in person, it was much more vivid.




James looked with determination for the pot of gold, however I think the end of the rainbow was in our living room, with our two families experiencing nature's beauty together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment